Do you need some extra healing support?
Working one on one is deeply beneficial.
I currently offer Private Sessions over zoom, and in person.
I bring a wide range of skills and experience, but the most important part of this equation is YOU! Our work together will be highly personalized and responsive to your needs.
Typically private sessions are deep, but also a lot of fun!
When you sign up for a private session with me, you’ll receive hand drawn notes so you can practice your sequence at home. You’ll have the option to receive a downloadable video recording of the session. You may also invite a support person to attend, if you prefer to have someone there with you.
I help people access stability, ease, and integration through compassionate, committed yoga practice.
I’ll help you understand your body/mind relationship, and learn specific, transformative practices to empower positive change, and move you in the direction of healing, confidence, and peace.
Pain relief and freedom from old patterns IS possible!
I can provide supportive practices to address a variety of issues, including:
- SI joint instability + hyper mobility
- Balance issues
- Stiffness and lack of flexibility
- Back pain
- Psoas release
- Knee and foot issues
- Shoulder, and/or neck issues
- Better breath and immune system support
- Yoga for ADHD
- Digestive problems
- Thyroid imbalance
- Adrenal fatigue, fibromyalgia or other autoimmune challenges
- Insomnia, depression, anxiety
- Gender dysmorphia as it shows up in the body
- Pelvic floor issues such as chronic gripping, stress incontinence, urge incontinence, prolapse, and vulvodynia; birth preparation/ postpartum support, all through a non binary framework.
Private sessions are great for folks who:
- Are ready for some extra support for their health, happiness, and wellbeing.
- Need some practical ways to help heal from an injury or shift a body pattern that’s causing pain.
- Are working through an emotional challenge, grief, or illness, or have a trauma history that requires specific care.
- Want to better understand certain alignment, actions, asanas, breath work, or spiritual concepts in their yoga practice. I can also help you unpack how to make complex or challenging asanas more accessible to your body.
- Need help establishing a home practice that really meets their needs.
- Aren’t comfortable in a group class but want to learn yoga, and need a more personalized approach.
I also provide compassionate, supportive coaching and consultation for yoga teachers, studio owners and wellness professionals committed to equity and inclusivity in their classes and yoga spaces, for Queer, Trans, and Nonbinary folks.
I look forward to exploring together!
60 Minute private session:
If you have any questions about working privately, want to request a time outside my scheduled availability, or want to inquire about masked, distanced in person private sessions in Albuquerque, NM contact me below.
Yoga with Avery is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, or as an alternative treatment to medical or psychiatric care. I have over a decade of experience teaching private yoga, but if I cannot confidently address your needs I may refer you to a more experienced teacher, or yoga therapist. Yoga with Avery can be a wonderful compliment to other therapies, and I am happy to discuss your needs with your doctor, chiropractor, physical therapist, or other care provider so that you can receive the best support possible.
“I’ve had a lot of yoga teachers, in a lot of studios, in a lot of cities, and Avery will probably be one of those world-traveling yoga teachers in the future. They’re that good! Why? Their knowledge and enthusiasm for yoga, their verbal instructions and explanations (which are ever-changing, based on their continued reading, education and workshops), the use of props and explanations of HOW and WHY to use the props.
Avery has an unusual ability to internalize teachings, and incorporate them into her classes so that their students get the benefit. Avery is funny and kind and insightful, and no two classes are alike. You walk out of every class thinking, “That’s just what I needed.” They will motivate you during challenging poses, and make sure you are in proper alignment, with any modifications you need. During restorative poses they will lull you into a meditative state, again making sure you are using the props the right way, for proper support and alignment.”
Cynthia Wiseman (she, her)